Are My Pots Ready?
Please check the 'Are My Pots Ready?' section on our website to confirm prior to venturing out to Hintonburg Pottery.
What Are Your Business Hours?
Our *NEW* Spring hours are Tuesday to Sunday 12-5 PM.
Please visit us at 1242 Wellington St. West to explore our unique and handmade items – our offerings change weekly with some available in store only.
Please continue checking our website for online shoping, social media and subscribe to our newsletter to be notified of our shop and studio hours in 2023.
What to bring for my first class?
We provided all necessary tools and supplies. We suggest that you dress for mess. Although the mud is washable, you can bring an apron or old shirt to protect your clothes. Closed toe shoes are required in the studio.
Please keep in mind for our wheel classes:
- Heels, skirts or long garments (scarves, flowing materials) are not recommended;
- Long hair should be tucked back and/or tied securely; and
- You may want to remove jewellery and trim nails in advance of working with clay.
Access to the Studio (parking):
- Our studio is only a few steps from Holland and Wellington intersection.
- Major bus routes are only steps away. We are 4 blocks from Tunney's Pasture Transitway station.
- Short-term free street parking is available on Wellington and neighbouring streets.
- Free unlimited street parking every night after 5:30 PM and on weekends.
- There is also a City of Ottawa parking lot behind the Royal Oak pub.
How do I redeem my client credits ?
You can redeem your course or workshop credits by signing in here to manage your account:
Can I buy clay or pottery supplies from Hintonburg Pottery?
Unfortunately, we do not sell clay or pottery supplies. However you can purchase our 'Take Home Kits'.
Capital Pottery is a local supplier of pottery supplies.
How do I become a studio member?
Although Hintonburg Pottery Studio use to offer membership for experienced potters, we no longer offer this service. Other organizations within the city of Ottawa offer studio membership and we encourage you to explore those options.
Do you repair broken ceramic pieces?
Unfortunately we do not offer a repair service. You can find glue for ceramics at any hobby or home repair shop.
Do you offer gift certificates?
We do offer gift certificates. Hintonburg Pottery offers online gift certificates for our shop as well as our courses and workshops.
Please contact us at the studio if you require assistance with your purchase, we are happy to help!