Sgraffito is an Italian words meaning to scratch. This is a decorating technique produced by applying layers of coloured slip to leather hard pottery and then scratching designs/ pattern through the layers to create contrasting image. Students will hand-build unique pots and learn the art of sgraffito.
Our instructor will provide some images and guide you to create original ideas!
Who should register:
- Adults and teens 14+
- No experience necessary
- Class sizes are limited due to COVID-19
What to bring:
- Please bring a large apron to protect your clothes, and an old towel.
- Wear comfortable shoes, no socks or bare feet permitted.
- Please read our COVID-19 measures prior to visiting our studio.
- No refunds for cancellations made less than 14 days prior to course start date.
- 10% fee applies to all cancellations made less than 30 days prior to course start date.