On December 21, 2020, Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced an Ontario Provincewide Shutdown to take place from 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, December 26, 2020 through to January 23, 2021 in the Ottawa Public Health region.
Our studio will be closed during the shutdown for all studio members, students, teachers and walk-in patrons. For information regarding redeeming your class credits and managing your account, please visit our Classes & Workshops page.
Gift certificates remain available for purchase, to be redeemed against future classes and workshops in 2021.
Our online shop remains open via this website, with curbside pickup available for your purchased items between Tuesday through Saturday from 1-4 PM and gift certificates also remain available for purchase.
Our personalized window shopping service and in-shop purchases will remain closed to walk-in patrons during the shutdown. Please confirm our holidays shopping hours here.
Our June 8 to December 25, 2020 general health protocols included:
- Mandatory masks for studio entry
- Hands must be sanitized before and after entering the studio
- Specific arrival measures with added booking request adherence is required (doors remain locked until the start of your booking)
- Plastic bags to be brought by class attendees for personal item storage (to be kept under table/wheel during classes)
- Entry not permitted to those experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
Studio/Class protocols include:
- Reduction in class sizes to a limit of 10 persons within the studio
- Studio space remodel to permit 1.8 meter (6-feet) working distance
- Air conditioner cleaning completed as of June 2020 (air vented outside of building)
- “Cabin” space no longer available for student use
- All cleaning protocols revised to ensure tools, equipment, and surfaces sanitized multiple times daily
Adults Class protocols include:
- Students no longer required to wedge clay – technicians will prepare all materials for classes
- Cancellation of all Glaze Classes due to high-risk cross contamination (Students will learn process and choose pot colours with technician assistance)
- No student clean-up required
- Class times reduced by 30 minutes
Kids Camps protocol include:
- Students provided with personal storage trays for tools throughout duration of camp
- Temporary cancellation of “Introduction to the Wheel” from curriculum