On June 8th, 2020, Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced regions will be allowed to re-open for business under the jurisdiction of various public health authorities. As part of Ottawa Public Health's phased re-opening of non-essential businesses, Hintonburg Pottery will be re-opening.
Our studio will look and feel different from past years, including smaller class sizes and updated studio COVID-19 measures.
Here's an update on our evolving protocols:
- Masks are mandatory for entry into the studio.
- Hands must be sanitized before entering our space.
- You must bring your own towel and apron if desired. We will not be supplying these at this time.
- Please arrive at the specific time of your class. Doors will not be unlocked until the exact start time of your class.
- Please bring a plastic bag to store small personal items (phone, watch) to be kept under your table/wheel during class.
- Do not enter our store or attend a class if you have been experiencing identified COVID-19 symptoms. If you are unsure how to evaluate, here are two online resources to assist you: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
Alterations to our Studio/Classes:
- Reduced class sizes. No more than 10 people can be present within the studio at all times.
- Removed a wall and remodelled our studio to allow 6-feet between each working space.
- Cleaning service completed in June 2020 on our air conditioning system (air vented outside the building)
- Our 'Cabin' space is no longer available for student use.
- Our cleaning protocols have been revised to ensure all tools, equipment and surfaces be sanitized after every session.
- Students will no longer be required to wedge clay. Our technicians will prepare all materials needed for the class.
- All glaze classes have temporarily been removed due to high risk of cross contamination. Students will learn the process and choose their pots colours.
- There will be no student clean up.
- As a result of the above measures the class time is reduced by 30 minutes.
- Students will be provided with their own storage tray for tools to be used throughout the duration of camp.
- "Introduction to the Wheel" has been temporarily removed from the curriculum.